The tip dual riders in Q1 – Pol Espargaro and Cal Crutchlow – now swell to a Q2 stick position shootout, where they will join a 10 fastest riders after third practice.
The others will start, in a following order, from 13th on a grid onwards.
Yonny Hernandez walked divided from a quick lowside fall, his third collision of a weekend.
CLICK HERE for cinema from a grand prix…
1. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 55.406s
2. Cal Crutchlow GBR Ducati Team (Desmosedici) 1m 55.503s | +0.097s
3. Nicky Hayden USA Drive M7 Aspar (RCV1000R) 1m 55.894s | +0.488s
4. Colin Edwards USA NGM Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) 1m 56.042s | +0.636s
5. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Drive M7 Aspar (RCV1000R) 1m 56.479s | +1.073s
6. Scott Redding GBR GoFun Honda Gresini (RCV1000R) 1m 56.555s | +1.149s
7. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing (Desmosedici) 1m 56.648s | +1.242s
8. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (RCV1000R) 1m 56.715s | +1.309s
9. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Avintia) 1m 57.006s | +1.600s
10. Danilo Petrucci ITA IodaRacing Project (ART) 1m 57.513s | +2.107s
11. Broc Parkes AUS Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM-ART) 1m 57.574s | +2.168s
12. Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Avintia) 1m 57.667s | +2.261s
13. Michael Laverty GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM-ART) 1m 58.254s | +2.848s
Blue = Factory – Control ECU hardware, singular manufacturer software.
20 litres of competition fuel, 5 engine changes for a season. All engines matching via a year within a same group (development freeze).
Black = Factory (with concessions) – Control ECU hardware, singular manufacturer software.
Currently usually Ducati, though technically germane to any Factory manufacturer that has not achieved a dry win a prior year, or any new MotoGP manufacturer.
24 litres of competition fuel, 12 engine changes for a season. No engine growth freeze, and a same softer back tyre allocation and additional contrast opportunities as a Open category. Fuel to be reduced to 22 litres should Ducati grasp a competition win, dual second places or 3 (dry) podiums during 2014. If Ducati claims 3 wins this deteriorate they will also remove a softer back tyre. All other concessions reliable until start of singular ECU epoch in 2016.
Red = Open – Full control ECU system, hardware and software.
24 litres of competition fuel, 12 engine changes for a season. No engine growth freeze, a softer back tyre allocation and some-more contrast opportunities relations to a Factory option.
Fastest use time:
Aleix Espargaro ESP Forward Yamaha 1m 54.773s (FP3)
Official Qatar MotoGP records:
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha 1m 53.927s (2011)
Fastest competition lap:
Casey Stoner AUS Ducati 1m 55.153s (2008)